Brendt's Bloomin' Blog

In Which Brendt commits to electrons the things that spill out of his head

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

My Muppet Story

Many scenes in Muppet movies are spoofs of scenes in other movies. In The Muppets Take Manhattan, Kermit is very happy at one point while walking through New York, doesn't look where he's going and gets hit by a cab. This is a direct spoof on when this happened to Deborah Kerr in An Affair to Remember (1957). When I saw this movie in the theater, I caught the reference right away and started laughing. Everyone in the theater (including my mom next to me) was looking at me like I was some sick cretin that I was laughing that Kermit got hit by a cab. I leaned over to my mom and just said "An Affair to Remember", and then she caught the reference too and started laughing. Still wonder what those people think of us....